Dispute Resolution, Corporate Law, White-collar Crime
M&A, Capital Markets, Cryptocurrency
Piotr is an advocate experienced in corporate law and white-collar crime, including shareholder disputes. He has advised in numerous M&A transactions throughout the full life cycle of the deal: starting from the concept phase, through to negotiations and closing, and post-transactional transition.
Piotr also advises in relation to capital markets regulation, and the issuance and transfer of financial instruments; and creates and executes strategies in complex business disputes, including white-collar crime cases.
For several years Piotr was a Judge of the Court of Appeal at the Polish Volleyball Federation.
Piotr started his career with a boutique Polish law firm specialised in corporate dispute resolution and strategic advisory. He then opened an independent legal practice which joined Gawroński & Partners in 2019.
- Disputes (including cases exceeding EUR 25m in value) concerning complex and technologically advanced investment projects
- Acquisitions of New Technology companies
- Designing and operationalising corporate governance in a complex capital group of state-owned companies
- Defence of white-collar crime cases against public officials and business executives – often with an international component
- Audit of an internal data breach in a leading energy company
Piotr graduated from the Law Faculty of the Koźmiński University in Warsaw. He studied also at the Universidad Autonoma de Barcelona in Spain, and completed postgraduate studies of Investment Banking at the Warsaw School of Economics.
- Warsaw Bar of Advocates
- Libertatis Institute Foundation Poland of the Future
- Article on simple joint-stock company: Dla kogo prosta spółka akcyjna?
- Article on penalties for violating confidential information
- Article on usage of electronic signature in Share Purchase Agreements (e.g. on pulsbiznesu.pl / wirtualnemedia.pl)
- Article on remote Shareholders Meetings during Covid-19 pandemic
- Article on new rules of ascertaining rights arising from shares
- Publication on Polish Tech M&A market, as part of Chambers & Partners Global Practice Guides: https://practiceguides.chambers.com/practice-guides/technology-ma-2022/poland/trends-and-developments