Litigation, commercial law
Litigation, commercial law, corporate law, new technology law, financial markets
Matthew is an experienced barrister advising on a wide range of disputes and negotiations.
He has a unique cross-disciplinary experience between traditional civil, commercial and white-collar litigation.
Matthew has also advised companies and groups for many years and has been involved in negotiations including the sale of property and businesses.
Develops and implements strategies in multi-faceted litigation and arbitration proceedings, never losing sight of the possibility of an amicable settlement. Seeking optimal solutions, taking into account the time and cost implications for the client.
Prior to joining GP Partners, he worked for renowned law firms specialising in litigation and arbitration.
- Commercial disputes, including those with a value in excess of PLN 80 million, related to complex investment projects,
- civil litigation, including in connection with complex private equity investments using complex financial instruments,
- Advising on new technology law, including mergers of new technology companies, agreements on multi-million dollar sales, implementation and maintenance projects, including those involving state-owned companies,
- negotiating agreements for the sale of financial instruments and real estate with a value exceeding PLN 10 million.
Graduate of the Leon Koźmiński Academy in Warsaw and post-graduate studies in the Law of New Technologies at the Institute of Legal Studies of the Polish Academy of Sciences.
Member of the District Chamber of Legal Advisers in Warsaw – Advocate
Selected Publications and Achievements:
- “Refusal to accept a power of attorney – comments against the background of the draft of Book I of the Civil Code” (Transformations of Private Law No. 2/2014), https://journals.law.uj.edu.pl/TPP/issue/view/61.
- Winner of the “Best Writing” prize at the second edition of the Constitutional Jurisprudence Tournament in Warsaw, organised by the Professor Zbigniew Hołda Association, winning the written stage and reaching the semi-finals of the oral stage. Information: http://www.stowarzyszenieholda.pl/pl/aktualnosci/35-studenci-z-poznania-i-aplikanci-z-warszawy-wygrywaja-druga-edycje-konstytucyjnego-turnieju-sadowego
- 4th place in the finals of the Chamber Rhetoric Competition of the Wroclaw Bar Association, http://ora.wroc.pl/index.php?pg=komunikat&pidx=276,
- Polish, English