IT, New Technologies, Privacy and Data Protection, Cloud Computing
IP, Artificial Intelligence, Cybersecurity, Dispute Resolution, Contract Law, Crisis Management
Maciej is a member of the Technology team at Gawroński & Partners. He is a specialist in issues concerning IT, IP, cybersecurity and cloud computing, and an enthusiast of challenges arising from the development of technology, especially those connected to Artificial Intelligence.
Maciej’s experience also covers participating in civil and commercial disputes, including preparing litigation strategies and drafting court documents, as well as representing clients before the courts.
Before joining Gawroński & Partners Maciej gained experience in several reputable Warsaw law firms.
- complex legal support for the provider of an innovative mobile application, including advising on IP rights management and the preparation of end user terms & conditions and a distributorship agreement
- legal assistance during multiple proceedings before the President of the Polish President of the Data Protection Office, including data breach proceedings and complaints
- drafting a complex agreement for a cloud service provider, offered to entities in the financial sector on an SaaS model, with respect to EBA and KNF requirements, auditing previous agreements, and auditing the cloud service in question
- participation in civil disputes, concerning (among other matters) the implementation of a core banking system and a rent decrease in light of the Covid-19 pandemic
- implementation of Microsoft 365 for a critical infrastructure operator, including a compliance analysis of entrusting data processing and outsourcing security
- Contributor to the book „Sztuczna Inteligencja w kontekście ochrony danych osobowych” (“Artificial Intelligence in the Context of Personal Data Protection”) published by the Polish Personal Data Protection Office
Maciej graduated in 2020 from the Law and Administration Faculty of the Jagiellonian University, defending his master’s thesis on Artificial Intelligence before the Chair for Intellectual Property Law.
Maciej has been an apprentice attorney at the Warsaw Bar of Advocates since January 2021.